Monday, June 21, 2010

Garage Sale Finds

Saturday morning, Mikayla and I went garage saling in hopes of finding treasure amongst other peoples' trash. We started at 9, after having breakfast with the bf and a service appt. at the car dealership. We were out until around 12:30, hitting up about a dozen garage sales. Some were drive-bys where we simply drove by to scope things out and then left without even getting out of the car. We were both pretty happy with the day's take. She spent a whopping $9.50 and I spent about $27 -- not bad considering all that we got.



I absolutely LOVE these two 8 x 8 albums. One is a Tinkerbell album by Sandylion. The other is a Tim Coffee K & Co. album. I love how girly his stuff is! Both were brand new and in the original packaging. I checked online and both retail for around $25 each. At the garage sale, they were priced at $5 each with an additional 50% off! That means I paid only $2.50 for EACH !!! WOO-HOO!!!! I think I am going to use the pink one as Maddie's first scrapbook album. As for the Tinkerbell album, I can't decide if I will use it to scrap pictures of Mikayla's Disneyland album, or create layouts and sell the entire album on Ebay or Etsy. Decisions, decisions ...



My second favorite find is this set of Christmas stamps by JustRite Stamps that also included in the wooden base! I've been wanting some of their stuff, but pricing for a set like this with shipping to Hawaii would run me around $45. I paid TEN DOLLARS at the garage sale. YAHOOOOO !!!!!



I love blank chipboard and was happy to find these two stacks of square coaster-type chipboard pieces marked down to $2 per stack (back of pic)! I have so many ideas for these, and at $2 a stack, I couldn't resist! I also found a Sizzix snowflake die that I've been wanting. The other die is an Ellison die that contains four different sizes of stars. Stars are so versatile, so I know I will make use of it. Both dies were only $4 each! I also got one of those water pen thingamajigs marked down to 50 cents!



Here is one of Mikayla's favorite finds of the day. It's a hot pink satin tote bag with bamboo and pandas on it. She absolutely loves it. It cost her only $2 !



Her other favorite find was a brand new ceramic paint set that set her back only $2.50! She's already used it for a mini canvas painting. I'll post that as soon as she's done with it.



She also got a tote bag (not shown), a bunch of metal containers which she plans to put her paints in while painting, a little trinket box shaped like a suitcase, a naked container (right of photo) that she plans to alter with sb paper and embellies, and 4 bottles of Avon products and Avon lip balm (not all are pictured).

All in all, I'd say it was a successful day. We didn't spend much and got great deals. Best of all, we had FUN !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment