Monday, April 2, 2012

First Challenge as a Lollipop Crafts DT Member: No Embellies Allowed!


Hiya, friends!  I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted. YIKES!  Things have been crazy at home due to some major projects that needed to be taken care of.   We were at the hardware store almost every single day picking up materials or exchanging things that were damaged or just not working due to no fault of ours.  I'm SO GLAD that is all over with.  Now, I can concentrate on some craft projects that had to be put to the side.

The first project happens to be my first assignment as a DT member for Lollipop Crafts.  The challenge this week is NO EMBELLISHMENTS.  My first thought when I heard that was "Whhhhaaaattttt?!?!?"  I have an extremely difficult time doing CAS-type cards or any cards without ribbon or some sort of embellishment.  But, I am really trying hard to be okay with it.  The reason is, I sometimes spend way too much time working on my card creations, so I have to remind myself that less is sometimes more.  LOL

For this card, I used a digi image by Kitty Bee Designs and colored it with Copics.  You can't tell in the pic, but I did adhere it to the card with pop dots.  Now, I know most people would look at this digi and immediately think of that nursery rhyme where the cow jumped over the moon.  But, I put a different spin on it.  I thought of one of my favorite sayings : I love you to the moon and back

So, I printed some digi paper.  I will post the source of the digi paper later, after I figure out which set this paper came from.  I then matted it with yellow and black cardstock.  The sentiment was computer-generated.  I glued the two bottom lines of the sentiment on an imaginary curve, hoping to have it resemble the shape of the top of the world.  Hope that makes sense!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check out this week's "No Embellies" challenge over at Lollipop Crafts.  One random winner will receive 4 digi's from Meljen's Designs.  Good luck!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Dena~
    Congrats by the way on your DT @ L/C.
    Pretty card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!!! Adorable card for your debut with us... Love how you changed up the saying, it totally works!! Welcome to the team!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute image! Love the sentiment you chose. Great card for your first LC team post!! Welcome aboard! ;D

    ReplyDelete